Pickens High School
Pursuing Higher Standards
The Mission of Pickens High School
“Help all students realize their potential by providing the best educational situation possible”.
- Student learning is the primary goal of the school
- Students’ learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions affecting the school.
- Parent, students, educators, school board and councils, and the entire community are responsible for implementing and achieving the school’s goals.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs and may require special services or resources.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced through developing and sharing mutual respect among students and staff.
- Challenging expectations and a supportive environment increase individual student performance.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- All students can learn, achieve, and succeed when provided developmentally appropriate learning activities.
- Cultural diversity increases student understanding of different people and cultures.
Important Notes from PHS:
Please click on the links below to access important Senior information.
(Please save a copy of these items for your future use)